Improved operations through EV conversion
As more customers look to electrify their fleets, Prologis Mobility helps bring their plans to fruition. With customized strategies, Prologis delivers solutions to companies of all sizes that enable the transition to fleet electrification.
Fleet electrification accelerated and simplified
With more state and local governments passing legislation to encourage electric vehicle adoption across multiple industries, many companies are accelerating their electrification plans. A Prologis drayage customer made a major commitment toward fleet electrification with an order of 100-plus Class 8 Volvo EVs. The customer decided to accelerate their electrification transition to zero-emission vehicles to more closely align with the company’s recent adoption of net zero targets. They needed a solution to manage the complexities of the timeline, vehicle acquisition and infrastructure to finish the project quickly.
Prologis connected with the customer to explore electrification plans. The Prologis Mobility team built a strategy to design and install the charging infrastructure to support the large electric truck rollout and ensure operations would commence in time to meet deadlines.
Prologis Mobility meets goals efficiently
With Prologis Mobility, customers can bundle energy, infrastructure and operations into a per-kilowatt-hour rate to purchase fuel, much like they do with diesel. The solution also includes:
- Guarantee of 98% charger performance uptime.
- State of the art software to manage vehicle charger and route planning
- 24/7 maintenance and operations support.
Quick fleet electrification
Prologis Mobility crafted a charging-as-a-service solution for the customer’s first two implementation phases (consisting of over 38 trucks) across two infrastructure projects – one at a Prologis building, one at a non-Prologis building. To reduce costs, the team took advantage of work already underway at the site: repouring the entire truck lot as part of a significant tenant improvement. Prologis worked with the utility to facilitate a major energy upgrade to the site to power the project.
We’d like to thank our logistics real estate partner Prologis for their efforts to support our decarbonization strategy goals. These new charging stations will enable faster turn times of our electric fleet while in our distribution centers and optimize our route deployment in sustainable ways
An electric future
Prologis Mobility delivered across the board, meeting the customer’s goal to maximize EV adoption and provide a critical component to their organizations decarbonation initiatives. The team moved swiftly and combined infrastructure efforts, which enabled the customer to hit their EV growth targets on time, grow their business and realize an electrified future. The team and project met success by:
- Managing the complexity of electrifying the facility for a large truck fleet.
- Cutting costs by taking advantage of Prologis tenant improvements already underway.
- Providing energy, infrastructure and operations at a per-kilowatt-hour rate so the customer can purchase fuel as a unit, exactly as they do with diesel.
- Installing 2.5 megawatts of electrification capacity.
- Supporting 38-plus Class 8 trucks initially.
- Electrifying 1,760,000 annual miles.
- Saving 5,695 metric tons of carbon dioxide annually.
- Generating more than $10 million in Indirect Source Rule (ISR) value in compliance with South Coast Air Quality Management District’s goal to regulate nitrogen oxide and diesel particulate matter emissions associated with truck traffic at warehouses in Southern California.
Get Started TODAY
Every enterprise’s fleet electrification needs are different. With Prologis Mobility in your corner, we help you achieve your EV—and sustainability—goals faster, no matter how ambitious they may be. Learn more about how we can guide you from fossil fuels to EVs today.