Last Updated: August 2023
Thank you for being a valuable member of Prologis’ online audience. You are important to us, and we respect your privacy.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
THIRD PARTY LINKS
DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect, store, or otherwise process different kinds of information depending on how we interact with you. The information we collect about you may include your name, address, age, date of birth, electronic mail address, occupation, employment information, telephone number, education, and other similar information Personal Information.
Information You Provide Us
Information We Automatically Collect
When you use our Websites, Prologis and our service providers may automatically collect certain information about your device, including:
- Device identifiers, such as information about the device you are using to visit connect to our Websites, such as your device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, and other device identifiers.
- Online activity data, such as browsing history, search history, clickstream data, and other information about your interactions with our Websites, applications, social media pages, and email communications.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Personal Information and Public Postings
We may use and/or disclose your Personal Information and Public Postings for the following reasons:
- to contact you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions, or to contact you otherwise when necessary;
- for the specific purpose for which it was volunteered;
- to track your use of the Websites for internal market research;
- to improve the Websites and the products and services Prologis promotes or provides through the Websites;
- to ask for your participation in brief surveys;
- to notify you about updates to the Websites or other services;
- to be provided to Prologis affiliates or third parties in connection with the legitimate business purposes of Prologis or the Websites, including for external processing of such Personal Information;
- to be provided to third parties for the legitimate business purposes of those third parties, including without limitation advertising;
- to generate aggregate statistical studies;
- in connection with an acquisition, merger, restructuring, sale or other transfer involving all or any portion of the business associated with the Websites;
- to publish in articles, stories, collections and other publications;
- to process your job applications;
- for other business purposes we may disclose to you at the time of collection.
Your provision of Personal Information online through the Websites or through information collected online on behalf of Prologis constitutes your affirmative consent that we may use your Personal Information as described above and that we may contact you by email, fax, and other communications for any of the uses stated above. See the “How to Opt Out of Email Communications” section below for information regarding opting out of email communications.
We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data can be derived from your Personal Information but it is not considered Personal Information as it cannot be used to directly or indirectly identify you.
Automatically Collected Information
We use information we have automatically collected from you to report aggregated activity on the Websites and to better understand the needs of our users so we can make informed decisions regarding the content and design of the Websites. We may also use this such information to personalize your experience on the Websites. We may also share information we automatically collect from you with third parties.
We employ a number of administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
Prologis strives to retain Personal Information for no longer than is reasonably necessary for its processing purpose. The applicable retention period depends on the purpose for which Personal Information was obtained and on specific data retention obligations arising from applicable laws that may require the data to be held for a certain period of time.
We may retain Personal Information for a longer period than is necessary for its processing purpose in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect of our relationship with you. In some circumstances, for research or statistical purposes (including the generation of aggregate statistical studies), we will anonymize your Personal Information, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
DO NOT TRACK
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
HOW TO OPT OUT OF EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS
If you provide your email address to Prologis, Prologis may send you product emails (e.g., e-newsletters) from time to time. If you do not wish to receive the particular product email, you may opt out of future emails regarding that product by following the opt-out instructions in the email.
Opt-out requests are specific to particular products. If, for example, you unsubscribe from one Prologis e-newsletter, you may still receive emails from us regarding other products, such as webinars or requests to complete surveys, all relating to Prologis. Note that you cannot opt out of receiving required administrative or legal communications.
Opt-out requests will be effective after a reasonable period of time for processing but in no event longer than such time as may be required by applicable law.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
This section outlines certain data rights afforded to California residents by the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CCPA”). Please note we do not “Sell” or “Share” your Personal Information as those terms are defined in the CCPA.
Categories of Information Collected
The categories of Personal Information you may provide us with includes:
- Identifiers such as your real name, alias, postal address and telephone number;
- Personal Information Categories listed in the California Customer Records Statute such as your real name, address, telephone number, and medical information;
- Protected Classification Characteristics under California law such as your age, citizenship, marital status, and mental ability;
- Internet or other similar network activity such as information on how your interact with our Websites;
- Professional or employment related information such as your current or past job history; and
- Non-public education information such as educational records directly related to you that are maintained by an educational institution.
Right to Know
You can request information about how we have collected, used and shared and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months. We have made this this information available to California residents without having to request it by including it in this Policy.
Right to Access
You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we maintain about you.
Right to Delete
You may request that we delete any of your personal data that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will review your request. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is proper and necessary or if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies.
Right to Correct
You may also request that we correct any of your personal data that has become outdated or needs correction for any reason.
Exercising Your Rights
To access or delete specific pieces of Personal Information we will need to verify your identity to the degree of certainty required by law. As permitted by applicable law, any request you submit to us is subject to an identification and residency verification process (“Verifiable Consumer Request”). We will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to reasonably verify you are the consumer about whom we collected Personal Information.
California residents may exercise their rights described above by submitting an inquiry on our Contact Us page.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf (an “Authorized Agent”), may make a request to know or delete related to your personal data. We require Authorized Agents to provide written authorization confirming they may submit a request on your behalf. You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. We endeavor to substantively respond to a Verifiable Consumer Request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt, unless we require an extension. If we reasonably require an extension, we will inform you of the reason and extension period.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your data subject rights. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your Verifiable Consumer Request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
NON-UNITED STATES RESIDENTS
HOW TO CONTACT US
1800 Wazee Street, Suite 500
Denver, Colorado 80202 USA