Developing a Warehouse Transition Plan
In most cases, a warehouse is still operating while in the process of moving, which means you will need to juggle two aspects of the business: the move and its ongoing operations. Because you will need to manage all points of operation and also move, communication among all team members is critical. Consider:
- Who needs to be informed of the move?
- What is everyone's role in the move?
- How much manpower will be required to keep the business running while it’s in transition?
- Do you have aged or dead inventory you can eliminate instead of moving it?
- What is your total timeline and budget for the move?
- Is it more cost efficient to move old equipment, or would it be cheaper to purchase new equipment?
- Does the new space have everything you need to run your business, or will additional time and money be needed to update the facility?