Common Warehouse Processes
When you can optimize a warehouse process from top to bottom, you not only create a more organized and efficient business, you also introduce ways to save money. These common warehouse processes should be under constant scrutiny as you search for simplification and accuracy across your organization:
How to Optimize Your Warehouse Processes
In addition to the solutions mentioned above, use these 10 tips to optimize your warehouse process:
- Adopt lean warehousing practices.
- Process shipments when they arrive, not later.
- Schedule receiving appointments to prevent loading dock traffic jams.
- Provide ongoing training for workers.
- Review your warehouse layout and revise if necessary.
- Organize your inventory.
- Run an audit on your warehouse.
- Prioritize your inventory based on the ABC hierarchy.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your supply chain.
- Communicate effectively with your workers.
Which key performance warehouse receiving metrics should you focus on? Learn how to understand warehouse performance metrics.
Learn common warehouse terms and definitions to better understand the industry. This guide describes a variety of terms used throughout warehouses in storage, documentation, technology and more.
What is fulfillment cost per order? Learn about the main components of fulfillment costs and how to calculate them in this guide from Prologis.