Wayne Porter, UK property manager, was recognized with the company’s highest honor for community service in 2015, the Walter C. Rakowich Award. “The Community Engagement Committee thought Wayne was an outstanding candidate,” noted Andrew Griffiths, managing director, Prologis UK. “We’re all proud he brought the award home to the UK.”
Wayne’s philanthropic efforts include:
• Coordinating sustainability-related events near Prologis development sites
• Organizing a team to decorate at Birmingham’s Children Hospital for the holiday season
• Promoting a Prologis-branded football kit for a school near a Prologis development
• Training an under 12’s football team
• Providing respite foster care for children
Wayne spends much of his personal time supporting his community. An avid runner, he has run many races over the last six years, raising over £15,000 to support charitable causes.
Wayne will donate his $15,000 Walter C. Rakowich Award to Acorns Children’s Hospice, a nonprofit offering care for life limited and life-threatened children and their families. Learn more about the nonprofit here.