The National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT) has awarded Prologis its 2018 Industrial Leader in the Light for the seventh consecutive year.
NAREIT is the representative voice for REITs and listed real estate companies with an interest in U.S. real estate and capital markets. NAREIT chooses one Industrial Leader in the Light award winner from small cap and large cap companies combined. The Industrial Leader in the Light award, which honors companies with superior ESG initiatives and portfolio-wide energy use practices, is the highest sustainability recognition in the REIT industry.
Here are seven reasons why Prologis has won this prestigious award seven years running:
- 175 megawatts of solar energy generating capacity:
- Prologis has the third-largest installed solar capacity in the U.S. behind Walmart and Target.
- 304 sustainable building certifications across the globe:
- In 2017, Prologis added 63 certified projects comprising 19 million square feet, bringing the global total to 112 million square feet.
- Operating efficiencies achieved through energy-efficient buildings:
- 82 percent efficient lighting in our operating portfolio
- 40 percent of our operating portfolio has cool roofing
- Achieving our corporate GHG reduction goal four years ahead of schedule:
- Prologis has realized a 27 percent decrease in scope 1 and 2 emissions since 2011.
- Exceptional corporate volunteerism and giving, including:
- Donating 11,200 volunteer hours to local communities.
- Awarding $2 million in grants to support local causes and charitable organizations.
- Giving 84 months of rent-free space to 19 nonprofits.
- Outstanding ethics and governance program, including:
- REIT industry's corporate governance leader for the 16th consecutive year by Green Street Advisors
- Finalist for the Corporate Secretary Corporate Governance Awards best proxy statement for the second consecutive year
- Launch of our Community Workforce Initiative, which helps our customers address their labor needs
- Structured to enhance local economies and help create career opportunities in the communities where we do business.
“We are proud to receive this award for the seventh year in a row,” said Jeannie Renné-Malone, Prologis’ vice president of ESG. “This recognition speaks to our enduring diligence and determination in achieving our ESG goals that drive value for our business.”
See our Sustainability section to learn more about Prologis’ commitment to building a more resilient world.