Our commitment to data protection
At Prologis (“Prologis” or “we” or “us”) we are committed to protecting your personal data. As data controller, we manage your personal data in a responsible way and aim to be transparent in our personal data processing. Detailed information regarding our practices can be found in this Privacy Statement for External Candidates (“Privacy Statement”).
If you want to know more about Prologis and its subsidiaries (“Prologis”), please visit https://www.prologis.com.
This Privacy Statement
This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes how Prologis collect and process the personal data of Prologis’s candidates (“Candidate”, “you”) and is relevant for you if you apply for a job at Prologis. You are considered a Candidate up until the moment you receive a formal rejection, or you sign an employment agreement with us. If you already are a Prologis Employee located in the European Union (“EU”), please refer to the Statement on Privacy for Employees. If you are located in other geographies, please contact your HR team for more information on the way your personal data is handled as a Prologis employee.
Basic Principles and Prologis Data Protection Commitments
With regards to protecting your personal data we have committed ourselves to the following basic principles:
- You have no obligation to provide any data requested by us. However, if you choose not to, we may not be able to assess your compatibility with the job description, which might result in the rejection of your application.
- We only collect and process your personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement or for specific purposes that we share with you and/or that you have consented to. Your data will not be processed in a manner incompatible with those purposes.
- We will only collect, process and use the minimum required personal data and not more than is required for the purposes as described in this Privacy Statement.
- When we process your personal data, we take adequate measures to keep it as accurate and up to date as possible.
- We have implemented a number of security measures to protect your data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
- As a rule, we keep your personal data for the time period necessary for processing purposes or for the time period expressly required by law. If data is no longer needed for any of the purposes as described in this Privacy Statement and we are not required by law to retain it, we will delete or anonymize it.
- Your personal data will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as described in this Privacy Statement.
Furthermore, we process your personal data in accordance with applicable data laws, i.e.:
- the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
- Member State laws;
- any mandatory guidelines or recommendations implementing the GDPR or the Member State laws.
(together “Applicable Regulation”).
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
- Collected directly from you and generated by Prologis
Prologis collects your personal data directly from you when you apply for a position at Prologis. In addition, we may also generate personal data in relation to you during your application procedure, for example if we take notes during interviews.
- Collected from third parties
We might also be provided with personal data about you from other sources, such as third-party vendors (e.g., recruitment agencies or talent mapping agencies). For example, if you have started the application procedure for a job at Prologis through a third-party recruitment agency, this third-party recruitment agency might share your personal data with us.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS?
This personal data may include:
- your name, first name, gender for diversity purposes, age, nationality, contact details, home address, home country, photo (if available), video (if available), languages;
- education (incl. certifications);
- work experience (history, years of experience, current employer, current job title, team management experience);
- skills and competencies; § interview notes;
- career interests and work preferences;
- geographical mobility;
- current compensation and expected compensation;
- previous applications at Prologis and/or status;
- various interactions/meetings with Prologis.
Additional categories of personal data
Recruiters may in some situations request and process additional information if this is necessary for the assessment of the compatibility with the specific function. For example, if a job requires driving, the recruiter will request whether or not you have a driver’s license. In addition, please note that local law might require us to request additional information on you.
When collecting data, we indicate in the job description where such data is necessary for us to assess your application or comply with legal requirements.
In case you do not provide these data, we might be unable to assess your compatibility with the job position, which might result in Prologis automatically rejecting your application.
Depending on your country of residence and applicable law, sensitive data might include data revealing racial or ethnic origin, data concerning health, data relating to criminal convictions and offences and government issued identification numbers (passport number, ID number, social security number, etc.).
In principle Prologis does not process sensitive data relating to you unless the nature of the job requires the processing of such information and only when allowed under Applicable Regulation. Prologis may also process your sensitive personal data if this is prescribed by local law. If that is the case, we will let you know in advance.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Legal basis of the processing
According to Applicable Regulation, if you are located in the EU, we will only process your personal data pursuant to the following legal basis:
- Legitimate business interest: the processing of your personal data is necessary to manage recruitment processes, assess and confirm (if that is the case) candidates’ suitability for employment;
- Contract: the processing is necessary in the preparation of your job offer and employment contract in case you are to be hired;
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations (not including contractual obligations). For example: compliance with local labor and employment laws; and
- Consent: In cases where consent is needed, it will always be requested in advance, for the specific purpose(s) and only for cases where you can voluntarily and freely give it. For example: when applying to a job offer, you can consent to share your personal data with all Prologis recruiters worldwide for a specific period of time.
In case of unsuccessful selection and to enable you to apply to another job offer at Prologis or to enable us to contact you in case of other available positions we consider suitable for your profile, you accept that Prologis keeps your personal data for a maximum of one year running from the date you applied or created an account. In case you want to oppose this retention, you will be able to withdraw your consent following the process set forth in this Privacy Statement.
If you are not located in the EU, and if the applicable legislation of your country of residence requires your consent to collect and process your personal data, when you apply to a Prologis job offer, you agree and accept that you are considered having provided us with the necessary consent.
We may also process your personal data, without your consent, but always only as permitted by and in compliance with the Applicable Regulation.
Purposes for which we process your data
|To manage recruitment processes, to assess and confirm (if that is the case) candidates’ suitability for employment (including background and reference check to the extent permitted by local law).||Necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests.|
|To prepare candidates’ job offer and employment contract in case the candidate is to be hired.||Necessary for the performance of a contract.|
|To comply with our legal obligations such as compliance with local labor and employment laws.||Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.|
|To share candidates’ personal data with all Prologis recruiters worldwide for a specific period of time.||Consent.|
|To enable candidates to apply to another job offer at Prologis or to enable us to contact the candidates in case of other available positions we consider suitable for the candidates’ profile.||Consent.|
|To select candidates’ application and check the compatibility and suitability solely by automatic means.||Consent.|
We will only retain your personal data in our systems for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which we collected it as described in this Privacy Statement, including to comply with any legal or accounting requirement. We will then remove the personal data from our systems or permanently and in an irreversible way make it anonymous for statistical purposes, meaning that you cannot be associated to it.
In the event the recruitment for the position you applied for is unsuccessful, Prologis may keep and use your personal data to consider you for other positions for a maximum of one year running from the date you applied or created an account.
Prologis might also keep and use your personal data for a maximum of one year running from the date you applied or created an account in the context of generic job offers published on Prologis’s career website, in order to include you in the recruitment process of the available positions matching with your profile.
In case you do not want to be considered for other positions and you would like your personal data removed from our systems, you may be entitled to delete your personal data or ask Prologis to do so at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Please note that in accordance with Applicable Regulation, your personal data may be retained for a set period of time in Prologis’s legitimate interests and/or to comply with our legal obligations.
In case you did not apply directly (e.g. your application was triggered via a referral process or introduced by a third party, see Section 3), you will have thirty (30) days to accept our Privacy Statement. If you do not approve it within this time period, your personal data will be removed.
In case you are hired by Prologis after the recruitment process, your personal data will be used in connection with your employment according with the applicable Prologis’s data protection policies and guidelines, which shall be communicated to you upon your hiring.
TRANSFER OF YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTIES AND/OR OUTSIDE OF YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE
Sharing your data with third parties:
When we share your personal data with affiliates, other organizations and trusted third parties, we make sure only to do so with entities that safeguard and protect your data and comply with Applicable Regulation in the same or similar way that we do. Trusted third parties may assist us in providing IT services, such as platform providers, hosting services, maintenance and support on our databases as well as on our software and applications that may contain data about you or to perform on our behalf the statistical analyses associated with the use of the career website.
More precisely, the trusted third parties of your personal data can be:
- Outside of Prologis:
- IT providers and suppliers (platform provider, hosting services);
- cloud service providers;
- external advisors/agencies and consultants;
- public Authorities;
- external recruiters
- Within Prologis:
- Prologis global headquarter team and HR of the different Prologis’s affiliates and subsidiaries;
- other Prologis internal teams (such as IT and potential manager(s)), and only on a need-to-know basis and with the sole purpose to provide you with requested services (e.g. to solve technical issues or to approve in the system…).
Your personal data will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as described in this Privacy Statement. We may, however, share your data when required by law and/or government authorities.
Sharing your personal data internationally:
Your personal data may be processed outside your country of residence, including outside of the EEA in the context of a job application, where you can decide to share your personal data with recruiters outside your country of residence.
As a result, your personal data may be subject to the law of jurisdictions other than your jurisdiction.
Therefore, you agree and accept that if you provide us with your personal data to apply to a specific position and in particular if you decide to share your personal data with recruiters outside of your country of residence, you consent to the transfer of your personal data as described herein.
In all cases, Prologis will make sure that this cross-border data processing is protected by adequate safeguards. If you want to know more about Prologis and its subsidiaries, please visit https://www.prologis.com.
AUTOMATED INDIVIDUAL DECISION MAKING AND PROFILING
Automated individual decision making
In some cases, we might process your personal data using automated means. This means that a decision can be made about your application solely by automatic means, where no humans are involved in the decision-making process.
In order to let us process your personal data solely by automatic means, you provide us with your consent to the automated processing. If we do so, we provide you with clear information in the job offer description, about our decision to rely on automated processing, the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for you.
According to applicable laws, you might have certain rights in respect of automated decision making where that decision has significant effects on you. See Section 10 “Your rights” for more information about your rights.
We may process your personal data for profiling purposes to predict your behavior on our website or jobs and content that may be of interest to you.
When we send or display personalized communications, content, job opportunities, we may use some techniques qualified as “profiling” (i.e. any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of using those data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyze or predict aspects concerning that natural person’s personal preferences, interests, professional experience, skills, economic situation, behavior, location, reliability, or movements).
Based on our analysis, we send or display communications and/or content tailored to your interests/needs.
According to Applicable Regulation, you may have the right to object to the use of your personal data for “profiling” in certain circumstances. See Section 10 “Your Rights” for more information about your rights.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We understand that the security of your personal data is important. We protect your personal data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We have implemented a number of security measures to help protect your personal data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls and secure servers, and we encrypt personal data. Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Where we process your personal data, according to Applicable Regulation, you are entitled to a number of rights and, when applicable, you can exercise these rights at any point.
Unless otherwise described below, you can exercise your rights, when eligible to, directly in your User Account or by email (see Section 11 “Exercise of your rights” below).
Please note that if you delete your User Account, you won’t be able to use and access certain sections of the website anymore, receive job alerts you subscribed for, and Prologis will be unable to assess your compatibility with the job offer, which might result in the rejection of your application.
If prescribed by Applicable Regulation, you might have the right to:
- access to the personal data that we hold as well as how it is used. Note that we may refuse to provide you with information when it may reveal personal data of another person or negatively affect the rights of another person;
- have your personal data rectified, if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- have your personal data deleted when:
- your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which we collected it; or
- you withdraw the consent that you had previously given us to process your personal data, and there is no other legal ground to process that personal data; or
- you object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes; or
- you object to us processing your personal data for Prologis’s legitimate interests (such as improving overall user experience on websites);
- the personal data is not being processed lawfully; or
- your personal data needs to be deleted to comply with a legal obligation;
- in another specific circumstances set forth by applicable local law.
Note that we will not delete such data if we are required to retain it by law.
However, in these situations you can still obtain human intervention in the decision making, and we will ensure that suitable measures are in place to allow you to express your point of view, and/or contest the automated decision.
- withdraw your consent
When we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you may have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of the processing that took place prior to this withdrawal.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to use and access certain sections of the website anymore, nor receive job alerts you subscribed for.
In addition, Prologis may be unable to assess your compatibility with the job position, which might result in the rejection of your application.
- restrict our processing of your personal data (i.e., permitting its storage but no further processing)
You may have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if:
- you do not believe the personal data we have about you is accurate; or
- the personal data is not being processed lawfully, but instead of deleting the personal data, you would prefer us to restrict processing instead; or
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes we collected it, but you require the data in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to the processing of your personal data and are awaiting verification on whether your interests related to that objection outweigh the legitimate grounds for processing your data.
- object to processing
You may have the right to object to the processing consisting in direct marketing and processing activities based on legitimate interest and processing activities.
- not to be subject to decisions based purely on automated processing, including profiling, where it produces a legal or similarly significant effect on you
In such situations, you can obtain human intervention in the decision making, and we will ensure measures are in place to allow you to express your point of view, and/or contest the automated decision.
Your right not to be subject to automated decision making does not apply where the decision which is made:
- is necessary for entering into or performing a contract with you;
- is authorised by Applicable Regulation and there are suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests; or
- is based on your explicit consent.
- ask for your data portabilityYour personal data may be portable. This means it may be moved, copied or transmitted electronically. However, this right only applies where:
- the processing is based on your consent;
- the processing takes place for the performance of a contract;
- the processing takes place by automated means.
- lodge a complaint with the Data Protection supervisory authority of your country
Please keep in mind that these rights are not absolute and the exercise of each is subject to certain conditions in accordance with Applicable Regulation.
In all cases, if the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by Applicable Regulation to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, permanently de-identify or anonymize it.
EXERCISE OF YOUR RIGHTS
If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement or the processing of your personal data, or if you want to make a request regarding any of your data subject rights, please contact us via your candidate’s account.
You can also contact our Data Protection Team using the following contact details:
We will review all requests and provide our response within the time frames provided by Applicable Regulation.
Note that we may need to ask you for specific information to help us confirm your identity to guarantee your right to access this information and to avoid the disclosure of your personal data to a person who does not have the right to receive it.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Prologis is free to modify this Privacy Statement periodically to reflect the evolution of our practices in this area. If we make changes, we will provide notice of such changes by revising the date at the end of this Privacy Statement and, in some cases, we may provide you with more prominent notice (such as sending you a notification). We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to be updated on how Prologis protects your personal data.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 1 June 2023.