Now Available: Prologis 9th Annual Sustainability Report
Prologis’ ninth annual sustainability report documents the company’s enduring commitment to the environment, social responsibility and corporate governance.
The report details Prologis’ sustainability results for 2015 and provides updates on the company’s progress against longer-term sustainability goals.
Key environmental highlights as of the close of 2015 across the company’s operating portfolio include:
- 73 percent of lighting is energy efficient
- 31 percent of rooftops are cool roofs
- Total solar generating capacity is 149 megawatts
- Sustainable building certifications span 173 buildings and 68 MSF across 15 countries
Selected examples of the company’s socially responsible activities include:
- More than $1.5 million in grants, donations and matching gifts to charitable organizations
- More than 9,900 in volunteer hours to more than 60 nonprofit organizations working in the areas of education, human welfare and the environment
- 105 months of rent-free space to nonprofits
The company is the proud recipient of a wide range of awards for sustainable and ethical behaviors. Key accolades include:
- NAREIT’s 2015 Leader in the Light Award in the Industrial Sector for the fourth consecutive year
- Green Street Advisors’ REIT industry corporate governance leader for the thirteenth year in a row
- Corporate Knights’ 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World for the seventh consecutive year
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index for North America component for the second time and Dow Jones Sustainability Asia Pacific Index component for the first time
"I am proud of our sustainability accomplishments and inspired by my fellow employees," said Jeannie Renné-Malone, vice president, Sustainability. "Their efforts to minimize our environmental impacts, engage with our communities and act with uncompromising integrity are the lifeblood of our sustainability program and our company."