Eleventh Annual Sustainability Report Showcases Prologis’ Culture of Resilience
Prologis is pleased to announce the release of our eleventh annual sustainability report. Themed “A Culture of Resilience,” the report provides a comprehensive overview of the company’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives and addresses 2017 activities in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
“Solid, proven ESG practices are good business—they benefit our customers, investors, communities and employees; support our corporate commitment to enduring excellence; and advance our longstanding focus on exemplary customer service,” said Hamid R. Moghadam, chairman and CEO, Prologis. “We will continue to be forward looking when it comes to ESG, because it is a crucial part of our strategy to stay ahead of what’s next.”
Resilient companies face the future head on by understanding and meeting the needs of stakeholders across cycles, challenges and opportunities. Prologis designs its ESG programs to enhance resilience—on behalf of its own business and the operations of its customers. Highlights of the company’s sustainability achievements for 2017 include:
- 19 million square feet of sustainable building certifications, comprising 63 projects and bringing the company's total certifications to 112 million square feet across 304 projects in 17 countries
- A 27-percent decline in corporate greenhouse gas emissions from a 2011 baseline
- A 10-megawatt increase in solar installations, bringing the company’s total to 175 megawatts in nine countries
- An operating portfolio with 82 percent efficient lighting and 40 percent cool roofing
- $2 million in contributions from Prologis and the Prologis Foundation to nonprofit organizations
- More than 11,200 employee volunteer hours supporting education, human welfare and the environment
- 650,000 square feet of rent-free distribution center space donated to nonprofits
- REIT industry's corporate governance leader for the 15th consecutive year by Green Street Advisors
- Finalist for the Corporate Secretary Corporate Governance Awards best proxy statement for the second consecutive year
“The initiatives you’ll read about in this report are essential to our strategy and business model,” said Prologis sustainability vice president Jeanne Renné-Malone. “We actively pursue new technologies, business practices and policies to make our enterprise more resilient. While these efforts contribute to efficient buildings, strong relationships with our communities and a healthy workforce, the whole is bigger than the sum of its parts. Combined, these activities help to ensure the enduring strength of our company.”
The report, which has been externally assured, follows the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) framework. It was developed in accordance with the GRI Standards and the Construction and Real Estate Sector Supplement (CRESS) in accordance with the Core option.